Overheard at ArtPrize, Part 2
The fun continues with our second installment of collected eavesdroppings (sounds way grosser than intended) from the largest public art competition in the midwest. With one week left of crowd-viewing pleasure, we still welcome your submissions! Enjoy:
- “I think it’s supposed to be a scalp with hair.” –Guy in baseball cap, breezing by.
- “Is it supposed to mean something?” –Girl with guy in baseball cap.
- “Why do you think he’s saying it’s not his fault? Is he about to cut it with scissors– make it all come apart?” –“He’s gonna cut its hair.” –Exchange between mom and her 5 year old son
- “Are those glue sticks?” –30-something year old dude to friend.
- “Again?” –Unimpressed guy.
- “The noses all look the same. He must’ve been in a hurry.” –Another unimpressed guy.
- “Ha. That’s modern art for ya.” –Balding guy in hoodie.
- “Oh no way! It’s like those 3d illusions where you stare for a long time and then you see camels and all sorts of weird shit.” –Teenage girl to her friends.”
- “Ha! Boobs!” — Middle-aged lady in visor to other middle-aged lady in visor
- “I’m just not meant to appreciate art.” — young woman, laughing to herself.
- “Now we’re going into someone’s mind that I am not sure we’ll come out of.” –unknown
- “Okay then, Madonna of the Streets. Didn’t know she was that kind of girl.” — Dirty old man